Tuesday, January 24, 2006

An Introduction


I have a little (ok, a LOT of) time on my hands, so I thought I'd give the world an opportunity to get to know the real me. So many blogs out there belong to humans, I thought it was about time for a dog to give it a try.

Where shall I start...well, my name is Bosley. I was born in mid June 2004, somewhere in central Texas. When I was about 5-6 weeks old I was separated from my parents and littermates and placed with human parents outside of Austin, TX. They gave me my name because of the movie "Charlie's Angels". They actually planned on getting 3 more girl pugs and naming them after the angels. Pretty funny huh? Me and 3 ladies. Would have been nice.

6 weeks is pretty early to take a pup away from his family, and as a result I suffer from a bit of anxiety around other dogs. Truth is, other dogs kind of scare me. They are so smelly and loud and I would much rather spend my time chatting over a cup of coffee with people. I'm alot more comfortable with humans....most of the time I think I am a human, actually. Or as close as a pug can be to one, I suppose.

My Texas mom was pregnant when I was still pretty new to their family. She was in over her head trying to take care of me and the new baby so they decided it would be best to give me to another family who didn't have any kids. It was really nice of them to look out for my best interest. As it turned out, some people in upstate NY wanted me. I was told that I was going to go for a long ride (I LOVE car rides) and that when it was over I'd have new owners that could give me alot of time and love. I told them that these new people sounded alright, so I agreed to it.

That was one long, miserable ride. In a truck nonetheless. In the middle of the summer. No windows. I was surrounded by all sorts of dogs in crates who just whined the entire time. How's a pug to nap if there's all this barking around? Finally in July 2005 I arrived at my new home. I was so wound up from being in that truck that when I first entered their house, I ran around in circles for an hour or so, just to work off all the pent up energy. The new house is pretty great- I have alot more space, my own bean bag chair, I'm allowed on all the furniture, I have a yard to myself, and they feed me tasty organic food. I'm pretty spoiled.

It took me a while to adjust though. I didn't understand their northern accents at first so it was hard to follow commands. But gradually I've gotten to be more comfortable, and dare I say it, bold. I like to test their limits, but they don't seem to phased by it so its no fun. Well, thats enough for now. I'll write more later, so check back. Susan and Shawn will be home around 5:15 so if I'm going to nibble on one of Shawn's socks, I best do it now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan.....
This really is cute! For a moment I actually believed that Bosley was the one talking!

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home